Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Floating on a Pretty Cloud of Violets....

Today I finished up making and packaging 20 jars and over 40 2-oz pretty packages of my newest scent bath salts ~ Violet.  I am hoping that by the end of the week I will have all my pics taken and ready to post on my store at http://www.essentialbliss.etsy.com/

A couple friends of mine have encouraged me to tell this little story.... shhhhh... don't let my husband know I told!

Over the years I taught my husband the art of taking a lovely bath and I can now say that he is a true bather.  Not the "get in the tub and scrub yourself clean" kind but the "soak in the fragrant bliss of heavenly water" kind.  Now mind you, he's hardly the dandy-boy type... in fact, far from it.  He does, unfortunately, live with constant pain and mostly for that reason he loves to soak in the tub.  He has been known to lay in our huge clawfoot tub for over an hour at a time because while he's soaking in the warm water he's not in pain.

I do admit though, like myself, he has grown very fond of lovely high-quality bath salts and since I have been making them he enjoys being my primary guinea pig very much.  For a long time his favorite scent was the Lilac but that one has taken 2nd place to our new Violet scent.  My former favorite was the Sweet Pea, and although I still love it a lot, it has taken to the number 2 position to the Violet with me... for now anyway.

The other night I went to check on my husband because he was soaking in the tub for so long I wanted to make sure he hadn't drowned.  There he was... surrounded by candles and fully stretched out in our really big tub (thanks to you Princess!) and I asked him "what are you doing in there so long" and he answered, "just floating on a cloud of violets". 

So the moral of this story is pretty simple.... "Hey Guys!!!! Taking a lovely bath is for you too!!!"

P.S.  I have started sharing stories from my dad's life that he and I wrote together and the first installment is just below this post so you can scroll down a bit to read it.... I will post a continuation of the story on Friday.

Goodnight!  I'm filling the tub as I write!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment